- Early Learning Center
The Atlantic Community Schools, as part of the State-Wide Voluntary Preschool Program, offers free preschool for children who turn four years old on or before September 15.
The preschool is organized into various learning areas where we plan invitations to play. Our desire is that it is a space where the students feel comfortable enough to try new things, test out their ideas, and carry through with whatever their imaginations can conceive.
Please complete the online registration below.
Preschool Registration Form
Important information about our preschool program:
- Utilize Creative Curriculum, which is based on early childhood theories and research. It creates purposeful and productive learning experiences that help children grow in all areas. The goal of the program is for children to become independent, self-confident, curious learners who work well with others.
- Taught by state certified teachers in early childhood and early childhood special education. Each classroom is also staffed with paraeducators who meet the state of Iowa’s criteria for highly qualified early childhood paraeducators.
- Provide an inclusive preschool experience for all students including those with Individualized Education Plans.
- Accredited through the Iowa Quality Preschool Program Standards.
- Offer both AM and PM sessions to meet student and family needs. Both programs operate four days a week: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. AM programs meet from 8:00-11:00, and PM programs meet from 12:00-3:00.
- The preschool program is open on regular school days throughout the year, following the school district calendar.
Classroom Website 2018 - 2019
Classroom Website 2016 - 2017
Early Learning Center
701 Linn Street
Atlantic, Iowa 50022